So one month ago today, May 9th was my birthday. I’ve officially been 36 years old for a month, and I have to say it feels very weird to say that. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t really mind getting older. In all honestly, I’m not thrilled, of course, but I’m not full of dread or ill feelings. Getting older doesn’t mean bad, at least to me it doesn’t. I’m actually quite excited to get older, watching my girls grow into their own life, go through and graduate high school, college, get married, and raise kids while living their own lives. Not to mention, leaving the hubs and I to finally travel. Ah, I’m looking forward to that.
Knowing I’m one year closer to 40 has brought up the notion of another “things to do before…” list, though. I had done a list at 30 an 35, but I never stuck with it. In truth, I don’t even know if I really ever wrote the list down and if I did, I certainly didn’t finish it or mark off the items I did complete.
So for the downward road to 40 list I’m going to actually make a list.
1. Have 6 Books Published. #1 already is published, #2 will be published in November, #3 is in progress and I hope to finish by July, #4, 5, and 6 are at least a little outlined. Now all I have to do is just get them all done.
2. Go on a vacation to Alaska. This might have to actually be saved for my 40th birthday celebration, I don’t know, but I’m determined to see Alaska, to see the Northern Lights, and to visit the top place on my list of places I’d like to visit.
3. Go back to Disneyland for a family vacation.
4. Remodel at least one of the bathrooms in my home. Between the pink one, like full on pink, pink tub, pink sink, pint countertop, and even pink carpet. Yes, carpet, YUCK. or the 70’s hotel bathroom, I don’t know which one it will be. Considering there are three girls in the house my guess is the pink on will be the one to go, but she shall see.
5. Go to one of the three major horse races, like the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness, or the Belmont Stakes once.
6. Pay off as much debt as I can.
That’s all I can think of at the moment, but if I do come up with anything else, I’m going to add it to the list! Here is to the next 4 years!!